Thursday, May 02, 2024

All occasion card featuring a scrappy woven background with a sunflower with a button & yarn accent

For this card I laid down a long piece of double sided tape down the side of the card and added strips of coordinating papers varying their distance from the edge.  Next, I used longer strips of paper and wove them into the strips that were adhered to the card front.  I added another length of double sided tape once I ran out of room for weaving in strips.  The sunflower (Sweetclipart) was laser printed on white cardstock and then a wash of water was brushed over most of it.  Gently, colour was added and allowed to expand into the water all ready present.  I added until I was happy with the background then I added a few different colours into the flower itself and its leaves.  It was then allowed to dry completely on its own then pressed overnight.  I really like the look - more painterly than just watercolouring the image.  I made several so they will be showing up over time on cards in the future.  I added paper piercing to the image using my pattern tracing wheel and the mounted it onto a double green piece of cardstock.  I watercoloured a fussy cut paper button, tied it to the image with white crochet thread and then wrapped three lengths of yarn around the button.  Will do the trick as a card for my oldest daughter for Mother's Day.    Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments