Friday, October 04, 2024

Sewing - another set of potholders with points and borders

Another set of potholders for Christmas!!  I layered the two large half square triangles, pinned them, drew a line from corner to corner across the two colours, stitched a quarter inch from the line on both sides and then cut them apart on the line.  I stitched them to each other to create points.  I did the same for this set.   I added strips of red all the way around and then added batting.  I cut backers from some vintage cotton fabric which worked quite well colour wise.  I stitched two little hangers, stitched them to my top layer and then bound the potholders by folding the backing to the front and stitching it into place.  I added quilting lines in the light triangles.  The colours of the fronts are a little off - they are like the last set which I linked to.  Another set to add to the ones I will be bringing for our Christmas celebration this year.  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments