Thursday, November 05, 2020

An all occasion card featuring a sanded embossed background, a poppy digital image and ribbon

This all occasion card is suitable for several occasions - birthday, sympathy or thank you.  
I started with a dark blue green card.  The background was embossed and sanded to reveal the white core of  the cardstock.  I added a wide dark red ribbon with a flagged end using double sided tape to secure it to the front and the back.  I adhered my background to my card front.  The poppies were laser printed, trimmed to size, the edges distressed and then lines of paper piercing added with my pattern tracing wheel.  I wanted to add "something" to the lower right side which was so white. I eventually decided on punching a little butterfly out which reveals the ribbon through the opening.  Perfect!!  I mounted this focal element over the ribbon on my card using 3D foam tape.     Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments