Thursday, November 05, 2020

Christmas Card Kits #2 - Card #1 - O Holy Night on a scalloped circle, an embossed strip, a ribbon knot and decorative paper

I decided to make as second set of Christmas card kits focusing more on the reason for the season.  

My first set of cards use this cute little image (SU) of baby Jesus and a "o holy night" greeting.  It is the first time I have used it though I have had it for a while.  I love the simplicity of the image.  I stamped the image in blue and then punched it out with a 1 3/8" circle punch (SU).  Next I checked my box for blue themed paper to coordinate.  I found this double sided paper which worked well and punched the scallop circle (SU) from coordinating blue cardstock.  I used a white card and added the decorative paper and then an embossed green strip which I flagged on the bottom.  I added the baby Jesus image using 3D foam tape and thought it still needed something so I made a knot in white ribbon and used double sided tape to adhere to my card.  That was better!!  The kits have a variety of papers and colours but all have a little blue "o holy night".    

You can see below another version of this card in different colours.    I flagged the end of the strip differently and modified the position of the elements on my card front.             Therese   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments