Thursday, March 11, 2021

SISTER STASH - All occasion card featuring a moth photo, sanded & embossed decorative paper, ribbon and a metal embellishment


This 4"x 4" photo of a beautiful moth came from a calendar I got from my sister, Sylvia.  She makes up several every year with her own photography.  I started this card with a large brown card and added an orange piece of decorative paper which I embossed (Tim Holtz) and sanded on each end to add some texture.  I trimmed a piece of brown decorative paper to be just a bit wider than the photo and left some length on the right.  I trimmed the right edge with a border die (Tim Holtz - Sizzix) which gave it a nice edge.  I embossed this layer with a script embossing folder (Cuttlebug) and sanded it as well.  I added a piece of brown grosgrain ribbon on the upper portion adhering both ends to the back with double sided tape before adding this layer to my card.  I adhered the moth photo on the left hand side and added a metal leaf embellishment just below where the photo and the ribbon intersected.  A few more for my sister's card stash!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments