Saturday, March 13, 2021

Christmas cards with doodled trees, little yellow stars and book page snowbanks

These are my Christmas cards for March.   I have committed to making Christmas cards monthly for the year to ensure a good supply when the time comes to send them on their way to family and friends.  Here is a close up of the details of the tree images I have used.  I started with the little doodled trees from ( https://skogstokiga.blogspot.com/) which I laser printed and fussy cut.  To make the white edges disappear I ran a black Sharpie around the edges from the back  - not the front in case of a slip.  I watercoloured the texted insides with every green colour I had so they would be different.  I filled in the outside doodled areas with green gel pens and markers so they would contrast with the insides.  I coloured the doodled lines inside the trees with red and yellow gel pens to coordinate with the backgrounds and the star I had chosen for them.  After they were dry, I added the stars and brown tree trunks with double side tape.  I trimmed red backgrounds for my trees then created snow banks with old dictionary pages and tucked the tree trucks behind them before pressing them into place.  The trees where adhered with 3D foam tape to give them dimension.  These large elements were then adhered to brown card fronts to finish off my cards.  I totally love these cards!!  They were so fun to make up and have so much texture and character.    Just a note that the two last ones are not the same as the others - white snowflake backgrounds and white embossed snowbanks.  I can only make so many of anything and I had reached my limit!!         Therese







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments