Saturday, March 13, 2021

SISTER STASH - Christmas - Glittery papers, ornaments and beautiful ribbon

This Christmas card has been created from the stash of paper crafting supplies my sister left at my house a while back.  I started with a large red card and created a pieced background for it.  I used a strip with glittery ornaments and added a strip of coordinating wavy glittery paper and then added pearly strips to each end.  I found this beautiful red ribbon with glittery gold edges in my stash and added it over where the papers join tucking the ends to the back and securing them with double sided tape.  I tied a piece of gold cording to it using a double knot to add some texture and create a space for my little greeting.  The greeting is layered using an oval punchie (StampinUP) with a font greeting over a scalloped oval punchie (Stampin UP) in red cardstock.  I mounted it with 3D foam tape just below the gold cording.  I adhered this large element to my card front and pressed it overnight.  The stash of Christmas papers is much less extensive so I will be making up a few cards.  Some of the papers are not well suited to cardmaking so I will be leaving her those for scrapbooking.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments