Friday, September 17, 2021

All occasion card featuring a border punched decorative background, a watercoloured flower and gold layers

For this card I started with a white card base.  I trimmed this piece of decorative paper from the back of a used card.  I punched the right hand side with a zig zag punch and added a piece of cardstock in behind to really show off the holes in this design.  I added my background to my card and then went looking for an image in my stash.  I found this stamped image of a flower  (Magenta) which was stamped with a black ink that tended towards purple which worked well with my background.  I watercoloured it to coordinate and then layered it with two fancy gold corners which I had paper pierced with my pattern tracing tool.  This element was then mounted to my card front using 3D foam tape.  Using premade elements often forces you to use colours that you don't automatically reach for!  Feels good to try something new!!   Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments