Friday, September 24, 2021

Anniversary card featuring a cute little house with a green spring and a gold and red heart

This card is for my son's second anniversary!!  Their daughter is coming up to a year old.  She is very curious and is interested in everything.  We are fortunate to get a lot of photos and videos so we feel like we know her though due to restrictions we have yet to travel to see her!!  This too will pass!!
I started with the red and gold heart.  I die cut two - red and gold  - and interchanged the pieces.  I used regular tape on the back to keep them together.  I die cut the little house (TH) from tan cardstock and embossed it with the Distressed embossing folder (CB) and then sponged on several colours of brown ink to highlight the texture.  I added the brown strips to create the roof.  I used a greenery die to cut the sprig for the front. I was able to add a bit of a curve when I glued it into place which gave me just the perfect place for my little heart.  I used a dark brown scrapbook paper for my background, embossed it with leaves (CB) and then sanded the embossing to highlight the texure.  The contrast was a bit to stark so I sponged on a little green ink to tone it down a bit.  Finally, I added several tracks of paper piercing using my pattern tracing wheel and then adhered it to my red card.  I added the little house to the left and it was done!!  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments