Friday, September 24, 2021

Cards for a gift - embossed leaves and dragonflies with ribbon and decorative paper


I made these four cards as a gift.  I took inspiration from the last set of cards I made and used a large element on a layered decorative paper background.  I added either a strip of cardstock or a ribbon over where the papers join.  I used ivory card bases for all the cards.  The leaf and dragonfly stamps are from Magenta and were gold embossed, fussy cut and then watercoloured to coordinate with the backgrounds. It helps to have a sketch when making a set of cards. They look like them belong to each other even when the colours and papers are very different.  I have really rediscovered some of my stamps of late and am enjoying using them again.  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments