Sunday, January 09, 2022

Birthday card featuring a chickadee and a sanded embossed background


 A birthday card for my brother whose birthday is in early January!!  I managed to get this done before leaving for our "Christmas" with family this season.  
I started with a large taupe card base that fit in an envelope from my stash.  I used a piece of white core cardstock which I cut to size, embossed with letters, sanded it and then added a bit of black with a Versfine stamp pad.  I adhered the back ground to my card and then worked on my focal element.  I used a chickadee photo from one of my sister's photo calendars ( I get one every year for Christmas) and love reusing them in my cards!!!  I ran my pattern tracing wheel on all four edges of the 4" x4" photo to add some texture with lines of paper piercing.  I added three little silver eyelets as well which adds interest.  Still thinking it needed something I added four little flagged strips on the right hand side and then mounted it to my card using 3D foam tape.  I sponged the laser printed oval greeting with a bit of ivory ink and then mounted it to a black scalloped oval punchie (SU) and mounted it over the photo using 3D foam tape on the left hand side.  First card of the year and mailed on time!!!  It is a good start for 2022.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments