Sunday, January 09, 2022

Slow Stitching - more cats

I am currently slow stitching cats!!  Actually, I am slow stitching borders around the cats in order to secure their edges to the black squares (6.5")  I have already machine stitched them to the squares with one line of black stitching to keep them all organizedbecause I cut over 80 of them and had them all sorted to make two quilts.  Not sure that is going to happen as my plan has changed since I started the project.  I cut the cats from a piece of fabric I got from my daughter and thought they would be great focal elements for my quilts.  I have been incorporating all of my slow stitching projects into quilts which has been really fun!!  I have done leaves, houses, trees, etc.  So I continue with the cats and will be doing some later today.  You can see below the lastest quilt I made last week which has incorporated some of the cat squares.  

I have been checking Kathy Quilts regularly over the last few months.  She features Slow Stitching Sunday where people add the links to what they are slow stitching at the moment.  It is so interesting to see what others are slow stitching.  I am a new quilter though I have siblings and a Mom who have been quilting for many years. I have been making quilts which I have been donating to Linus Project and have made quilts for my grand children in the past year.  I am an even more recent slow stitcher so it is fun to check out others' projects!!  I am linking to Kathy's slow Stitching Sunday.     Therese


 

1 comment:

Please leave your comments