Sunday, January 09, 2022

New pincushion from a large wooden spool

I have finally removed the pincushion from my current sewing machine which I made for my last sewing machine because it is in the way when I use my lift and I am finding pins on the carpet.  It took a bit of a brainstorming session to come up with this design.  I have two thread pins on my sewing machine which generally are not in use because I am using cones with a handmade thread holder  so I decided to make a pincushion which I can store on one of the spool pins.  I chose a tall wooden spool with a deep recess and filled it with batting.  I found this scrap of fabric in my stash which had batting attached and created a sleeve with it.  It took a bit to get the sleeve over the edge of the spool (pliers were required) but it snugged up very nicely once it was in place over the spool.  It provides just the space I need for putting pins in when I am doing general sewing and it is nicely out of the way otherwise.  
Therese 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments