Sunday, March 05, 2023

All occasion cards with woven strips layered over a decorative paper background and heart and butterfly embellishments


 I continued the theme of  layering woven paper strips over decorative papers for these cards I made for my exchange partners!!  For the orange card I pieced the decorative paper by flanking the middle section with two strips of a different paper.  I dug scraps from my stash and wove them with distance in between so the background paper would show nicely.  I really like how well that worked out.  I used a die cut heart collage (Calico Collage) element and layered it onto a brown circle die cut (Nestibilities) and then onto a dark red scalloped circle (Nestibilities).  I paper pierced each scallop and then mounted this focal element to my card with 3D foam tape after I added my layered background to my large ivory card.  
The blue card followed the same path - large decorative background, woven strips layered over it and glued to a large green card.  I found the stamped butterfly image in my stash (SU).  I layered it onto a light blue, used a border punch on the bottom edge and then added a red fiber onto which I looped a short piece.  I layered this onto a dark blue rectangle of cardstock.  I mounted this focal element to my card using 3D foam tape.   These are off to my partners in the exchange in the next few days!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments