Sunday, March 05, 2023

Quilting - aprons and coordinating potholders for the Gramma Link Africa fundraiser

I worked on these two aprons with coordinating potholders today!!  I've had the fabric for a while and since have found some navy fabric to coordinate with it so I could make the potholders.  

The aprons are adjustable with a long tie that goes through casings in the armholes which forms a loop that goes over your head and then ties around your waist.  I found the pattern and instructions on Instructables. This site is great and has a LOT of tutorials on a WIDE variety of subjects - cooking, outside projects, crafting, etc!! There is a search feature so go and check them out!!!  

The potholders were made with some of the same Budweiser fabric and scraps of navy blue and red.  I used the same GAYG technique that I have been using for some time.  Check it out here on You Tube.  So a few more projects ready to for the sale in June.  It was a very good day of sewing and I am happy to be finished these two.  I have enough scraps to make a few more potholders so I will cut those out this week and maybe get them stitched up next week.   Nice to have small projects in the wings when you have a bit of time to sew!!!  Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments