Wednesday, September 27, 2023

September Card Club - all occasion cards featuring embossed handmade paper sheets, ribbon and decorative paper


 It was so good to be back to cardmaking with my friends!!!  So good to see them all!!  Some of us had made handmade paper together at the end of August so I was inspired to create with the sheets we had made.  Our first card was created using white embossed handmade paper sheets.  There was a wide variety of images which helped to expand the occasions they could be used for.  I started my first card with a sheet that featured a rose.  I added some paper piercing with my pattern tracing wheel on all four edges and then adhered it to my pink decorative paper.  I folded three little lengths of ribbon in half and stapled them over the edges of my handmade paper sheet.  I added a small staple to the lower left hand side as well.  I glued this large element to a light green card!!  My favorite colour combo and a card perfect for a friend's birthday or the arrival of a little girl!!  
For my second card I chose a sheet with a little bird on it.  I repeated the paper piercing and the ribbons. These were all in teals and blues.  Again, a card for any occasion you can start with " A little birdie told me. . . . ." or perfect for the arrival of a little boy!!!  
We had a wonderful time and everyone applied their creativity to their cards to make them truly their own!!!    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments