Friday, October 11, 2024

Cardmaking - watercoloured ornaments layered with metallic cardstock on coordinating cards

I made these Christmas cards to be included in a prize for a fundraising event in October.  I have been researching watercoloured Christmas cards and ornaments is a recurring theme.  There are a wide range of tutorials on how to make them and finish them off!!  Somewhere along the way I either read or deduced that I could use a glass to create a perfect circle for my ornament which would be easily be filled in with watercolour and a steady hand.  I cut my watercolour paper to 3.5" x 5" and then made all my ornaments.  I added some splatter to some of them in colour and also in gold and silver.  I need to practice because it is not really as good as my sister does on hers.  After they pressed for a day I trimmed the sheets to 3.5" x 4.75 inches so they would work centered on an A2 card.  I added a ribbon and an ornament cap at the top using a fine tip black Sharpie and then coloured the cap with silver or gold watercolour.  I added four lines of paper piercing using my pattern tracing wheel and mounted them to metallic cardstock and then onto coordinating card fronts.  Really happy with these!!!!!  I have blogged the process I used to make these ornaments here.  Therese







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments