Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Birthday card featuring an embellished decorative paper background, ribbon and a watercoloured landscape

Birthday cards for family were made up this week!!  For this card I started with a gray card.  The background striped and plaid paper have been in my stash for a while and were just too stark to be used so I decided to embellish them a bit.  I added watercolour in green and blue and then stamped green trees in an all over pattern to the both of them.  I trimmed the striped on and added a piece of plaid one below and added a green ribbon over when they join.  I adhered this large background to my card front.  I sized, printed, trimmed and watercoloured the landscape digital image (CLKER) to coordinate with my background.  I cut a black rectangle to back it and when I came to layer them I decided to offset them instead of layering them symmetrically.  Works - I should do it more often.  I mounted this focal element to my card using 3D foam tape.  It is already on its way!!!!

Therese 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments