Tuesday, November 03, 2020

A Minecraft birthday card featuring a square background and black face, a little Minecraft Lego man and a stony birthday greeting

Made this card for my grandson on his birthday!!  He is a Minecraft fan as was his sister when she was that age.  I had a friend request a Minecraft card kit a while back and so I had already developed the pieces I would need for this card.  The grid background is one I found on line and trimmed to the size I needed for my card.  I cut the black pieces as I needed them to create the face.  The little Lego Minecraft guy was downloaded off the internet, sized and printed before being fussy cut.  I applied ink to his edges to ensure that no white showed.  The greeting is another one I found on line.  I sized it and printed it for my card.  I added an orange line to my background after I trimmed it.  I used 3D foam tape to add the black pieces to my background.  I adhered the background to a green card.  I trimmed my greeting to size, flagged the end and then distressed all the edges with my distress tool.  Wanting it a little less crisp I sponged the edges with black ink to just tone it down a bit.  I glued the greeting below the background and then added the little man using 3D foam tape.  He looked like he was walking on air so I added some stippling with a marker to simulate the ground.  I really like how it turned out.  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments