Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Christmas card featuring a little gift, a stamped background and decorative paper and a font greeting

This card was created while I was working out samples for this card for my Christmas card kits.  I had all sorts of pieces I tried out and finally once the design was finalized I decided to make up cards with what I had sitting on my desk.  For this card I trimmed the gift from sticker packaging I have hand on hand for a while.  I cut it square (2 1/8") and added a white ribbon from top to bottom and an embossed flower for the bow.  It was not too bad but the ribbon did not go with a lidded box and the embossed flower did not have enough detail for what I was looking for.  I did add a silver flower outline between them and that was much better.  I stamped my maroon card front with a distressed background stamp (SU - Worn) with red ink.  I trimmed the triangle from a red paper with glittery swirls.  The greeting was laser printed and I added texture with my pattern tracing wheel before trimming it to size and flagging the end.  I glued the triangle leaving the  top loose, added my greeting and then glued the top down.  I added the gifts using 3D foam tape to finish off this card.  I have another triangle of this glittery paper so I will probably make one more for my stash.  I have not made cards for myself yet this month.           Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments