Saturday, October 31, 2020

Christmas Card Kits - Card #3 - a little gift with a fun bow, some embossed decorative paper and a printed font Merry Christmas greeting

For Card #3 I decided to use this textured maroon cardstock for all the kits.  I trimmed the little square (2 1/8") gifts from sticker packaging which I have had on hand for a while.  I love the colour of them and that they give the appearance of a box with a lid.  Once I made the gift I was on the lookout for a way to make a bow for the top.  I tried quite a few other options until I discovered this little flower outline once placed behind the square looks like a bow!!  I cut them from shiny silver foil cardstock and adhered them to the back using double sided tape.  Perfect gift!!!  I decided on a triangle of green decorative paper as an accent and decided to emboss it as well to add texture.  I created my greetings using several different fonts and printed some in maroon and green.  I started by adding my triangle to my card front and not gluing the top portion.  I trimmed my greeting and flagged the end before mounting it to my card.  After gluing the greeting I glued the top my triangle in place.  I added the little gift to my card front using 3D foam tape.  I really like how this card worked out!!  It is nice to be able to reuse beautiful packaging as well. 

I used maroon decorative paper on some of them which I embossed with a different embossing folder.  I used green greetings with these cards.  I also found that in some cases the triangle is on the left because of how I cut them with my cutter.  In which case the greeting just needs to be trimmed on the other end instead.  It has really been fun creating these kits and I am sure there are a few who are looking forward to getting to making their Christmas cards as there will be fewer large gatherings this year for Christmas.  

Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments