A Teesha Moore cover for our trailer journal!!!!!!! I have been making Teesha Moore inspired squares for quite a while as I really love the hand stitching and the very creative look of them. For some reason I have been resistant to combine them into larger projects though there is enough inspiration online to make a wide variety of projects from journal covers, trivets, mug rug, and bags!! I did do a composition book journal cover a few years ago. You can check it out here, but have not really come up with anything else for quite a while. Recently, we purchased a travel trailer and at an event on the weekend my aunt, Maria, suggested that we keep a trailer journal to document our travels and the repairs and improvements along the way. I was immediately inspired to use my stash of Teesha Moore patches!!!!!!!
I dug out my bag and started sorting them to general size and then placing them on the cover of a composition book leaving a bit of over hang on the top and bottom so I could stitch up the flaps on both ends that will hold the book in the cover. It was so great!!!!! I decided to use my three stitch zigzag on my sewing machine and multicoloured thread to attach them to each other. The stitch is wide enough to have decent purchase on both pieces and with the multicoloured thread I found it did not distract from the colourful hand stitching I had done on the edges of the patches. I ensured that I double stitched at all the joining points to ensure integrity in the cover and it went together fairly quickly using the sewing machine. I had individually hand stitch the surface of the patches and then used hand stitching to combine them into a cover when I made the last cover which was a bit time consuming. I still plan on hand stitching the individual patches on this cover and using one of them to give it a title - probably the coral ferny one which will give the best contrast. It will be a great hand stitching project for around the campfire!! I am so very pleased with it!!!!!!!! Here are a few more photos!!
The back of the cover! Love that little rainbow on the right hand side of the front.
The two inside flaps. The one on the left is quite loose so I will be adding an elastic to the inside to tighten that up a bit but the extra give will allow the storage of a pen or two.
Here is the inside of the cover with the composition book removed. You can see here that I used a blue bobbin thread and it is less beautiful than the cover. It might have been better to use a neutral colour but in the end no one is likely to ever see this part of it so all is good!!