Desert-Diva. I used my distress tool on the edges, layered it onto coordinating cardstock and then mounted it on the lower portion of my card using 3D foam tape. To finish off my card I tied a short end of ribbon to the one on the front of my card to simulate a bow. Quick & easy - this versatile sketch is suited to either orientation and can be made up for a variety of occasions by changing your paper and using a suitable greeting. For my second card, I chose a landscape format and the greeting is from Melonheadz and I added a few words using a font.
Fun to see the girls again!! A new face as well!!
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
We started with a card front and adhered a piece of decorative paper to it leaving a small margin. Next, we embossed three different coordinating rectangles with different embossing folders and arranged them in a pleasing manner on our decorative paper. A coordinating floral element was then adhered in a visually suitable place in the arrangement. The floral element was created using silk flowers, a sequin and a brad. The little punched greeting was sponged, layered and then mounted where it was most suitable with 3D foam tape. Another very versatile sketch which allows both orientations to be used. I chose to make my second card in the landscape format. This one has a small font greeting with a flagged end. Therese
I are back to my regular fall routine and that means cardmaking!! We made cards with this interesting fold taken from the quilting world called Cathedral Window. It is a circle in which a square is placed and the four sides are folded to the front which is reminiscent of stained glass windows. We started with a card and adhered a layer of decorative paper to it leaving a small margin all the way around. We coloured our images and then placed the square in the center of the circle and scored all the way around to get the sides folded to the front neatly. We used 3D foam tape to secure the flaps to the central image square for create our focal element. For this card the circle is 4.25" and the square is 2 7/8". This element was secured to the front of our cards and we moved on to creating our tag greetings. The tag consists of a rectangle of cardstock with the two right hand corners rounded. A complimentary round punchie was placed in the space and punched with a 1/8" hole and the ribbon inserted from the front and both ends were secured to the right with double sided tape before trimming the ends. The greeting was sponged a bit on the edges and adhered in place before this large greeting was secured to our card front. My second card features a Melonheadz image and I put the greeting on a little differently. There are so many possibilities with this design!! The girls were very creative with the placement for their elements so it is nice when the cards reflect the possibilities of the card sketch. Therese
A friend of mine donated a bag of cardmaking supplies gleaned from her sister's craft space a while back and I have sorted through it and made a few cards. These three cards were already set with the adhesive mesh on them so I dug through the other supplies to see what I could add to make them whole. For the first one I added a piece of ivory cardstock which I embossed with the Swiss Dot embossing folder. I had a clear area across the bottom which worked perfectly for adding a red greeting rub on. I tied a length of fiber just above it. I added the Santa tag from a set of stickers which were in the supplies. I added a strip of striped paper over part of the mesh and then three stickers over the other portion of the mesh. Lastly, I added my focal element to the left hand side of the decorative paper to finish off my card. The stickers required a bit of double sided tape to keep them in place.
For the second card, I added a strip of the same striped paper across the card and then mounted this decorative element with a star and greeting to which I had added two layered snowflakes with a brad. I used foam squares which were in the supplies to mount this layer to the card front but they did require some assistance from double sided tape to be effective.
These next two cards were created with A2 white card fronts I found in the supplies. I trimmed the red pieces from a half started Valentine's card I found in the supplies. For the first card, I added a strip of striped decorative paper to the bottom edge of the red layer to cover up some writing and then added the frame overlapping it. I mounted a double layered snowflake with a brad inside the frame and then added a dimensional greeting sticker below it on the right. The epoxy sticker was starting to curl so I convinced it to remain flat with a couple of pieces of double sided tape. There were physical holes in the sticker in which I mounted brads to finish off this layer. To finish off the card I mounted the red layer to the white card.
These were the easiest supplies to make up into cards. The other pieces I have added to my pizza box of Christmas card making supplies and they will likely be used in good time as I work towards my goal of having all my Christmas cards made for the beginning of December. I am way behind but still hope to have them all ready in time. Therese