Friday, August 11, 2017

Card exchange cards that can be reused

I made a set of cards today for my card exchange.  I am using #8 envelopes and therefore used oversized cardstock to make my cards - 121/2" x 3 3/8" to make a 6 1/4" x 3 3/8" card.  I used a brown cardstock which I purchase in pad form a while back.  I cut a strip of decorative paper 3 1/8" wide off of a 12" x 12" inch sheet and cut it in two to make backgrounds for both cards.  I chose the same elements - a digital laser printed flower (Digital Graphics Cafe), a laser printed digital greeting (Beccy's Place), a strip of kraft cardstock and a couple of small strips of pink.  You can see that I changed the orientation of the cards - one landscape and the other portrait which required that I use the elements using a different layout.  On the left hand card, I glued my background paper to my card front and then added a length of kraft cardstock that has been embossed with a polka dot embossing folder.  I tied a piece of white seam binding to the top section and adhered it to my card front.  I watercoloured the flower image to coordinate with the background paper, layered it onto yellow and glued it to my card with a bit of angle.  I embellished the greeting by trimming the bottom edge with scalloped decorative scissors then added a bit of watercolour.  I used my distress tool on the small pink rectangle before adhering it to my card below my image then added the greeting between the two.
For the right hand card I embossed the kraft strip with a plaid embossing folder and flagged both ends before adhering it to my card front to which I had already glued my decorative paper.   I watercoloured my flower image, layered it onto yellow and glued it to my card at a bit of angle.  I embossed the pink strip, flagged the one end then tucked it under my image before adhering it into place.  I watercoloured the greeting after trimming off the bottom with some wavy scallop scissors and then adhered it below the pink strip and overlapping the bottom of the flower image.  I added single layer inserts on the back inside of the cards and reused instructions on the back.  Happy with how these turned out and they will be off to my swap partners early next week.        Therese