Another birthday postcard for my birthday swap on one of my groups. I had three little squares of pieced green fabric which coordinated with the butterfly really well so I went looking to find another piece that worked with both of them and found this beautiful scrap of red!! Perfect!! I sewed the three little green squares to each other to create a strip, sewed on the scrap of red and trimmed out a 4" x 6" piece for the front of my postcard. Next, I searched for a piece that coordinated for the back which was big enough to come to the front as a binding. I cut this backer from a larger piece of fabric but I love the way it coordinates with all the pieces I had already chosen. I added fusible web to the edges of my backer and trimmed it to be wavy. I cut and laid down a piece of batting and positioned my front over it and pinned them all together. I put red thread on the top and yellow in my bobbin and stitched an all over wavy design to connect all the pieces and provide some stability for the postcard. I trimmed the corners out, folded the sides to the front and ironed them into place. I couched some deep yellow yarn with a zig zag stitch over the wavy edge of the binding using the same red and yellow thread. Like how that worked out! I positioned my butterfly - a self adhesive fabric embellishment - on the front, drew a flight line which I embroidered with gold thread before adhering the butterfly in place. I used a marker to add "Buttefly Wishes" in red. It will be winging its way to my partner this week!!