Monday, October 08, 2012
After crafting at my desk for a few days in a row I would end up with pain in my shoulders from bending over ever so slightly while I was creating. So, my DH made a set of wooden socks for my desk!!! It raised it about three inches. Works so much better!! He custom fit them to the legs and they simply slide on the bottom of the leg like a sock. Pretty cool!!
It has been fun to see how I can incorporate an image from a commercial card and add some handmade techniques and elements to create new cards. I have added punched greetings, ribbon, embossing, punched borders, etc.
For some cards I used both the inside and outside to create a cards front - works perfectly because they already match and have the same look.
For some it was sufficient to trim the front and glue it to a new card front because they were beautiful as they were. My previous batch can be seen here.
I have a couple of swaps to work on and will continue with the cleaning and sorting of my "stuff" into my craft room.
Check this updated post with pictures of the current state of my room!!