Still making up kits from my last class. These ones were heart themed for Valentine's so needed to be changed up to be appropriate for another occasion. For the first one, I combined the decorative paper from two kits which provided me with a full 4" x 5.25" background. I simply taped them together on the back before gluing it to the coordinating card front. I watercoloured a cupcake image (Melonheadz) from my stash and added pearly paint to the icing and the star. Fun!! I layered it onto a green rectangle and added a border die cut to which I added gold glitter glue dots and some green watercolour half circles. I glued this focal element to the front of my card. I layered my colour laser printed greeting and added it to the bottom of my card below the image. My favorite colour combo - pink and green!! For my second card, I added the piece of decorative paper from the kit then added a piece of white vintage seam binding gluing the ends to the inside of the card. I snipped a slot on the spine of the card using my slot punch (SU) to allow the end of the seam binding to be glued to the inside. I found this coordinating vintage birthday image in my stash (clipart CD) so I trimmed it and added it over the seam binding using 3D foam tape. I tied a short length of seam binding to the length on the card using a single knot to simulate a bow!! I had embossed borders on these card kits which you can see on this card.
The polka dot papers are from Digital Graphics Cafe and the heart one if from the Morgue File.
Again it was a fun challenge to use up these supplies to make up some new cards!!