For this card I reused this decorative layer featuring a multi layered floral focal element. I added the little punchie greeting to the upper left and then added a green layer in behind my main decorative layer. This layer had been trimmed a while back from a swap project. I added a length of lace on the right hand side before gluing this large element to a coordinating pink card front. This is a large card which was made to fit in a large green envelope from my stash. I still felt like it needed a bit of something so I used my tracing wheel to add a row of pierced holes all the way around the green layer which finished it off nicely!! Therese
Monday, August 19, 2019
I have worked a little more on my Trailer journal while were camping with family a few weeks ago. I added the words in the peach patch with back stitch in the car on the way up and also added some texture stitching to several of the small patches on the right the one rainy morning we had at the lake.
I am happy with the way things are going and I expect it will take a fairly long while to get it all done but there is not rush. I have started journalling our camping trips and that was really the main reason I wanted to get it started so we could document where we had been and some of the details we want to remember about each outing. Therese
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
This card came together very easily as I simply trimmed this beautiful image from a card front and adhered it to a dark blue card. This is a large card which fits in a one of the large envelopes from my stash!! Therese
Friday, August 02, 2019
Thursday, August 01, 2019
A couple more sympathy cards using original artwork/photos which were found in my stash of cards to be reused for cardmaking. The first is one is a photo from a card that was sent to my Mom from someone from out east. Lovely photo of a daisy!! The second is original art created by my aunt, Maria, which was our Christmas card from her a while back. Both of these lent themselves to being sympathy cards so I simply trimmed them just a wee bit and adhered them to my coordinating card fronts. I added a small sentiment to the one on the right but could not bring myself to do the same on the photo so it will go the way it is.
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
check out the pages of doodling I did while I was watching a doodling video on YouTube!! I did not always follow her instructions and did not do all the ones that she made but I was pretty happy with my pages of doodling. I recently found these in my craft room and decided to scan them so I could use them as digital stamps. I scanned all of the pages but only isolated about a half dozen images so far. I cleaned them up digitally before saving and printing them. I am pretty happy with this one!!!!! After printing I trimmed the image to fit in the opening I had cut in my panel with a rectangle die (Nestibilities). I added a ribbon below the opening and then a little gold star brad over the knot leaving the ends to extend on both sides. I adhered this large element to my large green card. I watercoloured my image and added it in the opening using 3D foam tape. I will certainly be doodling more pages of images - maybe butterflies or mushrooms next time!! There are a LOT of doodling videos online!! I will be making myself a few more digital stamps!! Therese