I had a few friends over last night to make cards. It has been more than two years since I taught my last cardmaking class and it was great to be at it
I decided to use a One Sheet Wonder template for the card kits I made up and it worked out very well. I modified the dimensions and one layout from OSW#4 so I have created another file to cover the options in this class.
For my first card I positioned my rectangle (5.5" x 2") of decorative paper on the bottom edge of my card after I adhered my punched border (SU) to the back of it. I watercoloured my image (2" x 3") and added it to a layer before gluing it to the front of my card using 3D foam tape. I layered my greeting onto its layer and glued it to the front of my card. These cards kits are versatile as you can play with the layout of the elements on the card as well as change the orientation from landscape to portrait. As you can see I prepared several options including Christmas cards. I am a bit behind in my goal of making Christmas cards monthly so the few extras I have leftover will help me with that goal. These three images are digital and available at CLKER.
For my second card of the night I chose to put a clean border on each side of my decorative paper before adhering it to my card front. I water coloured the images (cake and carriage - Black Berry Jelly images, bird - CLKER), glued them to their layers and glued them to my card front. I glued my greeting to its layer and added it next. You can see that the orientation can easily be changed. I also discovered that I could punch my printed greeting with the window punch (SU) and that the layer could be punched (modern label SU) from the middle of the image layer which gives the greeting a completely different look. So many options!!!
I made the last card an easy one. For this layout the decorative paper (6" x 2") is cut in half to give you two pieces (2" x 3") which are glued to the card front in opposite corners in the landscape orientation. The center cardstock strip was trimmed with decorative scissors before we glued it into place. The images are all colour printed greetings (SU digitals), glued to a coordinating layer and adhered to the card front using 3D foam tape. This card could have easily been created in a portrait orientation.
So I am very pleased to have a few people to make cards with and with any luck at all we will be a few more next time.