Friday, August 30, 2019
I started with a large pink envelope and made a green card to fit inside once I had chosen this beautiful paper!! I trimmed the decorative paper to leave a small margin all the way around and glued it to my card front. I added a coordinating blue ribbon and tied on a short length to simulate a bow. I used a slot punch (SU) to cut a slim opening on the spine of my card in which to insert my ribbon - works so well. I cut a rectangle of coordinating yellow cardstock, rounded the corners, embossed it and add my little laser printed greeting on the bottom section. I die cut two gold scalloped hearts (SU) to back my two heart punchies (SU) and layered them to create my focal elements. I added them to the embossed rectangle above the greeting. To finish off my card I added three little blue heart punchies and them mounted this large element to my card front using 3D foam tape. Therese
Saturday, August 24, 2019
It has been fun creating cards with my own images!! Will be doing that again for sure!! Therese
Friday, August 23, 2019
I started with a large blue envelope from my stash and created a card to fit inside. I added some brocade decorative paper and because it was a bit shy in length I cut it into two pieces and added a strip of coordinating grey cardstock on between. I created this fun image of a trio of flowers while watching a doodling video on YouTube. I scanned my pages, cut out a few images which I cleaned up a bit digitally and then laser printed on white cardstock. I watercoloured my image and layered it with yellow cardstock. The piece was a bit long so I used an eyelet border punch on the bottom edge and them used my score tool to emboss a strip between it and my image. I added my focal element to my card using 3D foam tape and finished it off with three little clear rhinestones on the right hand side. Therese
Thursday, August 22, 2019
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
I am late with my July card exchange cards and with a days break from summer activities I thought I would get some cardmaking done!!! This card features a digital image of a daisy which I drew myself while I was doodling along with a doodling video on YouTube!! I scanned the page of images I drew and isolated a few which I saved as individual images. I did a bit of digital clean up on several of them and then laser printed them. Pretty happy with how they worked out. I will probably be doing that again so I can use some of my own images in my cardmaking!!
I started with a large orange envelope from my stash and created a warm brown card to fit inside. I layered it with this fun orange scrapbook paper. It was not quite wide enough to for the card so I trimmed a piece from another scrap and because it was not quite long enough I used a pair of scissors and trimmed it into pieces and glued them into the gap between the other two pieces!! I like the look of a sort of mosaic between the two. I watercoloured my laser printed image which was trimmed from the large letter sized sheet I printed several on and then I layered it onto a green piece of coordinating cardstock. I added a piece of double sided tape and placed six little pieces of ribbon into it to create a bit of texture on this card. I really like how it turned out and will be using the concept of a line of mosaics on future cards!! Therese
Monday, August 19, 2019
For this card I reused this decorative layer featuring a multi layered floral focal element. I added the little punchie greeting to the upper left and then added a green layer in behind my main decorative layer. This layer had been trimmed a while back from a swap project. I added a length of lace on the right hand side before gluing this large element to a coordinating pink card front. This is a large card which was made to fit in a large green envelope from my stash. I still felt like it needed a bit of something so I used my tracing wheel to add a row of pierced holes all the way around the green layer which finished it off nicely!! Therese
I have worked a little more on my Trailer journal while were camping with family a few weeks ago. I added the words in the peach patch with back stitch in the car on the way up and also added some texture stitching to several of the small patches on the right the one rainy morning we had at the lake.
I am happy with the way things are going and I expect it will take a fairly long while to get it all done but there is not rush. I have started journalling our camping trips and that was really the main reason I wanted to get it started so we could document where we had been and some of the details we want to remember about each outing. Therese
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
This card came together very easily as I simply trimmed this beautiful image from a card front and adhered it to a dark blue card. This is a large card which fits in a one of the large envelopes from my stash!! Therese
Friday, August 02, 2019
Thursday, August 01, 2019
A couple more sympathy cards using original artwork/photos which were found in my stash of cards to be reused for cardmaking. The first is one is a photo from a card that was sent to my Mom from someone from out east. Lovely photo of a daisy!! The second is original art created by my aunt, Maria, which was our Christmas card from her a while back. Both of these lent themselves to being sympathy cards so I simply trimmed them just a wee bit and adhered them to my coordinating card fronts. I added a small sentiment to the one on the right but could not bring myself to do the same on the photo so it will go the way it is.