Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Here I embossed the short end (front) of the card with the distressed embossing folder and added another section of blue cardstock to complete the front. I sponged on some brown ink to help it coordinate with my main image which was stamped on the decorative paper using a SU solid floral stamp. Unfortunately, my dark brown ink pad was not really dark enough so I added some brown with a marker to help the image contrast with the background. I added a line of faux stitching on the three straight edges as well. To complete the card I added a strip of brown cardstock below the main image and a layered greeting on the lower right.
I expect I will need to beef up my stash of Thank you cards to be sure I have enough to get me through to after the move. We have sold our house and purchased one out west so very soon I will be packing up my craft room and plan to have on hand the cards I will need for the interim so I have a few cards to get ready to go!!