Saturday, March 28, 2020
I have decided to change the scope of this project as I have discovered more and more that the blue precut squares I chose for the backgrounds of these trees are not of a consistent size which will make assembling them into a column for a quilt difficult. I have been pondering this issue for several days now. I decided today that I will be stitching these squares to larger squares which I will cut to 6" in a variety of colours which means that I have already stitched enough little trees to make up the column I need for a quilt. So I dug into my stash and found some squares which are cut larger than 6" which I will use as backgrounds for these squares. I will be stitching these little squares to them and then they will be assembled into a column for a quilt. I am not sure how much stitching yet but for sure a row all the way around to secure it to the background. I am inclined to add a bit more but I am not sure exactly what manner that will be. Will invent it when I get there! I feel good about this new direction. It will make the squares more interesting as the little trees will be framed with colour. I will be getting started tomorrow! Looking forward to it!! Therese
CLKER which I laser printed onto white cardstock and trimmed to size. I watercoloured it, mounted it to a hand embossed orange layer inserting a tiny laser printed font greeting in between before pressing everything down. I left some an extra border of orange on the right hand side and the bottom which nicely highlights the puffin's beak and feet!! I adhered this large layered element to a black card front and thinking it still needed something I added dots and dashes around the edges of the image. That was much better!!