I have been working on Zentangle art charms for a personal swap. The above are my first attempts which ended up being much too large to be art charms - the feathers are 2.5"!! I am very happy with them so they will be put aside and used for a different project.
I used Rough and Ready Translucent Shrink plastic. I used a fine tip Sharpie to create my designs on the smooth side and coloured them on the rough back side using coloured pencils except for the one on the far right which I coloured with alcohol inks. I should have been much more light handed with the ink because once they shrink the colour is much darker. Lesson learned!!
So, at my second attempt I created the designs much smaller so they would end up closer to 1.25" once they were shrunk. I was then able to add the findings and danglies and have them much closer to the 1.5" criteria for the exchange. I created two so I can keep one and will be sending the other to my partner. These are the mandalas I created.
I changed up my leaf design on my second attempt because it was harder to created the thin point at the smaller scale. Still very happy with how these turned out. I made beaded danglies for them.
Loved how these turned out too. I simply reduced my original hand drawn design and tried to replicate my original zentangles but as you can see I had made a few changes!! I added metal charms to the zentangled ones to create some movement and interest!!
So I will have these ready to go to my partner in tomorrow's mail. I am a few days late because of having to redo in the smaller size but all in all I am sure she will be happy with them. Looking forward to hers in return mail.