Thursday, April 10, 2014

Winged Heart Cards

A couple of exchange cards!!  I had fun playing with these die cuts (TH) which I cut several years ago on a visit to Linda's house using the Tim Holtz Winged Heart die.  They have been sitting in a clam shell on my shelf and the other day I thought I would dig them out and see what I could create with them.  I found pieces cut from silver, gold, black, red and sheet music so started layering them and I came up with these two options. I layered the sheet music behind the hearts and filled them in with clear dimensional paint.  On the one, I embossed the red wings and highlighted them with black ink. I added rhinestones to the crowns using Sharpie markers on the clear ones on the right because I did not have any the right colour.  While my hearts were drying, I cut a couple of labels (SX) from handmade decorative paper (brown paper bag and coffee) I had made for this card.  I stamped them with different text backgrounds to give them a bit more texture.  I layered them onto black embossed layers which had been sponged with pigment ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I finally layered all theses elements onto kraft card fronts.  They needed a bit of something so I went looking in my stash for greetings that would work.  I found these little ticket ones that I had printed a while back and simply sponged them with ink to help them coordinate with the card elements and added them to the card fronts using 3D foam tape.  The greeting is from When the Scrap Hits the Fun.
I like the funky grunge look of these cards!!  I enjoyed stretching my creative muscles and creating something that is a bit out of the norm for me.


Serendipity card with 3D bee

Have been making cards for several exchanges I am participating in.  This one features a blue green serendipity background I made a while back.  I trimmed it to size and used my new Deco Framelits (SU) to cut a hole in the middle of it and attached it to my card front using 3D foam tape. For the center I layered a colour printed flower image onto white and adhered it in the space using more 3D foam tape.  I added a length of white vintage seam binding across the card layering it below the image and tied a short piece to the left hand side to simulate a bow.  I found this bee on my desk that was left over from this little book project and it looked perfectly at home with my flowers so I attached it to my card front using a piece of 3D foam tape.
So, this card has a lot of texture and dimension!! I will be sending it on its way in today's mail.