I was gifted some beautiful turquoise envelopes and have been working on finding a way to make cards that fit in them that coordinated as well as worked with their smaller size. Overnight, I decided that if I created a serendipity collage that coordinated I would be able to die cut my focal elements. So I made up this serendipity collage background and let it dry.
Next, I needed to work out the size of the cards (3.5" x 4 7/8") which I cut from white cardstock. Wanting to highlight the die cuts I decided to use my Nestibilities circle dies to emboss a circle frame on the front which I have not done in quite a while but I did find my embossing mat and made up well over a dozen little cards. Once they were embossed I wanted to stamp an all over design to coordinate with the envelopes and the serendipity die cuts. I chose the Worn (SU) stamp and it took a few goes to get the ink colour right but then it was fairly quick to get them all done. So the next thing was to get some die cuts which would stand on their own without greetings. After a perusal of my dies I came up with these - a daisy (SX red), a butterfly(SX black), TH bird (TH), flower with a stem (Sizzlets), butterfly (SU Embosslit), tipsy heart (SX red), layered flower (CB), heart (Sizzlet strip) and bird (paisley on Sizzlet strip).
For several of them I used silver cardstock to coordinate. For the butterflies I used silver cord to make their antenna and I added fun bling to the flower with a stem and the larger heart. The paisley so easily makes a little bird by adding a tiny black brad, a black cardstock beak and some legs just drawn in with a black marker. I added two little green branches (MS) to the layered flower.
I am super happy with how they all turned out and I will be packaging these cute little cards up to pass back to the person who gifted me the envelopes. Therese