Thursday, July 20, 2017

A cute kids card with a distressed background paper

The background paper for this card was part of a calendar my sister gave me years ago and I created another card with the other half a few days ago.  I embossed this one with a polka dot embossing folder and used an ink pad to highlight the texture.  I did all the edges as well.   I found this tag that worked with it so went looking in my images stash to see what I could find that was the right size.  I found this cute image of two little fairies in a tea cup which worked perfectly!!  These stamped images were given to me by a friend quite a few years ago and it is fun to use them and remember the connection!!  I watercoloured the image, trimmed top and bottom with scalloped scissors and then pierced the scallops with a push pin.  I adhered it to my tag and then worked on a layout!!  I used the red scrap I had trimmed off the background just below the image and over the bottom of the tag and then layered a cute little laser printed greeting with triangles before adhering it to my large element.  I added a large brad to the hole in my tag before gluing the whole thing to a turquoise card.  Really like how this one turned out - not the typical kid's card!!


Birthday Card Set - a few flowers and another shimmery dragonfly

You can check out this post to find the details of why and how I have been creating this set of cards.

I started with a pink card and added the pink striped decorative paper.  I added a strip of brown across the lower portion and added a laser printed greeting which had been embellished with watercolour.  The dragonfly is left over from making these cards so I put the dragonfly back into the die and passed it through the Big Shot a couple of times to make sure it was embossed sufficiently to show all the detail.  With it still in the die I applied shinnery watercolours to the various sections to coordinate with my background.  I popped it out of the die, added a short piece of double side tape just behind its body and positioned on my card front.  That leaves the wings and tail free which helps give it some dimension.  I used a marker and created a dotted line to create its flight path and my card was finished!!