Monday, July 27, 2015

Victorian postcard with fabric paper

Another Victorian postcard for a different swap on the same group!!   I decided to use the image that I did not use for the last postcard for this one instead.  I watercoloured it, cut it into an oval (Nestibilities) then cut another one just a bit larger from green cardstock and layered them over each other.  While I was digging through my stash for some sort of trim to go across my postcard I ran across some brown fabric piping and decided it would very nicely frame my image so I applied double sided tape to the back of the layered image and applied my brown piping all the way around.  I love the way it turned out!!  Neat and clean yet with a bit of texture!!  I did find the dark brown trim in the same bucket which is what I went looking for in the first place.  I ironed this folded trim flat and applied a length of washi tape to the center of it then laid it on my 4" x 6" piece of fabric paper and stitched it into place.  For this set of postcards we need to raise our letters so I decided to use these monogram brads for my "E".  They were originally silver so I applied colour to them  using my Sharpie markers which was just what they needed for this project.  I installed the brads in the fabric paper layer and then adhered it with double sided tape to a plain cardstock backer to finish off my postcard.  It still needed a "bit of something" so I added stitching around the edge.  That was better!!  I used hot glue to adhere my large 3D element to the front of the postcard!!  Done!!!
It is off to my partner!!