my friend. They are both cardmakers and she had surgery last week so I wanted to send her card with a springy feel!! I thought this little umbrella (Broken Box Stock) would be perfect!! I laser printed it, cut it using Nestibilities - Ovals and then watercoloured it. I layered it over a blue oval and before I glued them together I punched the backer for my greeting (SU - Modern Label) out of the middle of the oval. Doing it this way ensures that the layers always coordinate.
I used an alcohol ink/glossy paper background from my stash which I created when I was playing with markers a while back. It was a bit sparse around the edges so I used a random background stamp to add a bit of colour to the edges and then stamped bubbles using a blue green ink all over the background. I trimmed it to 4" x 5.25" and layered it onto a turquoise card front. I cut a label (SX) from yellow cardstock, trimmed the sides off and then embossed it with a bubbles embossing folder. I added a piece of white gros grain ribbon across the middle using double sided tape to adhere the ends to the back of the layer. I adhered this piece to the top section of my card over my background. I adhered my oval focal element over the ribbon using 3D foam tape. I adhered the laser printed greeting (SU - Word Window) over the blue label punchie and adhered it to my card front just to the right and below my focal element. This sketch is a slight modification from these kits which I created for my last card class in March.
I hope she is feeling better and that all went well with the surgery!
Monday, April 25, 2016
I had some kits sitting on my work table from my last cardmaking class at the end of March so I decided to see if I could change them up to suit the occasions I needed cards for in the next few weeks.
This card features a wax resist and watercolour background die cut into a large label shape with the TH die. It was stamped with a flourish background in green ink as well to add some texture and interest. I added a ribbon on the top portion and used double sided tape to adhere the ends to the back of the die cut. I tied a short piece to the left hand side using one single knot which nicely simulates a bow. I stippled (SU) the green card front with green ink and then adhered the label nicely centered on the card. I watercoloured the laser printed image (Arthurs Clipart) which was die cut with Nestibilities - Classic Rounds and layered it onto a circle of green cardstock. I used 3D foam tape to adhere this focal element to my card front over the ribbon. I sponged the edges of my laser printed punched greeting (SU- Decorative Label) with a bit of green ink and adhered it below my focal element also using 3D foam tape. Fun to use different images and ribbons on these cards!!