Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Exchange cards with bleached backgrounds and labels with greetings

I set out to make a couple of card for my exchange group and ended up with three!!  All of them feature navy blue background paper that was stamped with bleach when I was playing a while back.  I cut each of them to 4" x 5.25", embossed them with an embossing folder and glued them to the front of a card.  I added embossed labels (TH) which have been sponged a bit with coordinating ink, some ribbon and laser printed round greetings ( Netty's Cards).  I also added some punchies/die cut elements to add a bit of texture to each of the cards.  It was fun to make all the cards different with pretty much the same sketch!!
On the first one I added my background to a blue green card and sponged the ivory label with several inks until I got the colour I was looking for.  I embossed it with a gears embossing folder and positioned the center so the large gear with be featured.  I die cut the greeting and the blue/green layer using Nestibilities.  I used a punch to remove the middle of the greeting and reveal the embossed design which I added to the blue/green circle.  It needed a bit of something so I added a rhinestone which I coloured with Sharpies to get the right colour.  I punched slots on each side and inserted short lengths of navy ribbon gluing the ends to the inside front of my card.  I die cut a flourish, trimmed it into three and embellished the label with them just tucking them underneath where they looked good.  For my second one, I glued my background to a purple card, sponged my ivory label with purple ink and added a length of coordinating ribbon over it.  I die cut the laser printed digital greeting and a coordinating layer and mounted them with 3D foam tape over the ribbon.  I punched a hole in a scrap of paper and sponged the center of the greeting with a bit of purple ink.  The little butterfly punchie was just enough to finish off my card.
For my third card I glued my background to a green card.  I sponged the embossed ivory label with green ink and die cut a hole from the middle.  I punched two small holes in each end and inserted a navy ribbon.  I mounted the label to my card front and adhered the ribbon ends to the inside front of my card.  I sponged my die cut greeting, added a green circle into the center and added a small gold flower sequin with a tiny gold brad before mounting it over the ribbon over the hole I had die cut in the label.  I added a stamped and punched butterfly (SU) to which I wrapped and tied gold embroidery thread to create the antennea.  I used a tiny piece of double sided tape to adhere it to my card front.
So two of these are off to my swap partners and the other will find its way to my card stash!!