Saturday, November 16, 2019
the yellow square. It only took me two sessions to finish up my first orange square. This orange fabric has good weight and was easily able to support the elements and stitching I added to it. I started with running stitch through the middle of the strip and added long stitches placed next to each other to anchor the two sides. Next, I did the three little patches using small stitches on their edges and a different colour floss to created the little star/flowers in their centers. I used the fly stitch to secure the edges of my hand cut heart using two different green flosses. First time doing the fly stitch. I think it would have been better had they been a little closer together but I was concentrating on doing them correctly and failed to be really careful about spacing. I will consider adding another set of stitches in between in my next stitching session. To finish off my square I added french knots using yellow floss inside the heart. I am happy with my progress and look forward to finishing my first set of rainbow squares. I will post them as I finish them. Therese
Cards made up from card kits featuring a die cut layer backed with decorative paper, fiber and embossed greetings
January Cardmaking Class. The top one features a gold embossed Merry Christmas greeting, some die cut hearts and some fun sweater knit paper to back them. I added a length of gold embroidery thread through the opening before adding the paper to cover up the openings. That layer had been over stamped with a script and scroll design. I glued this large layer to a coordinating card front. I added three little gold sequins to finish it off.
The next card features leaf die cuts on the left with the same gold embroidery thread. The third card features a rose pattern die cut opening and a blue fiber tied to the front. I backed this one with hand decorated watercolour paper.
A few more for the stash!!
March Cardmaking class. The bicycle (SU) and greeting were combined in Corel Draw and printed on white cardstock. They were trimmed into rectangles and then the corners were cut to create the tag. I used my slot punch (SU) to cut the slot for the twill tape which was adhered with double side tape. I sponged the outer edges and then added faux stitching with a fine tipped Sharpie marker. I adhered the decorative paper to the kraft card front and added an embossed strip before adding the tag using 3D foam tape.
I am working on yet more Christmas cards!! These ones feature a fairly graphic image of a barn (Pixabay) that is very effective. I printed the digital image on white cardstock and trimmed them to 4" x 5.25".
To the first one I tied on a length of red fiber before adhering this large element to my black card front. I mounted a layered greeting over where the fiber is tied on the front. The greeting features a laser printed font greeting punched with an oval punch (SU) and then layered onto a pewter metallic scalloped oval punchie (SU). I mounted the greeting using 3D foam tape which allows room for the fiber. For the second card, I punched an opening with the oval scallop punch (SU) in the upper left area of the printed panel and tied on a length of red fiber between the opening and the right hand side. After mounting this large element to a black card front I added a font greeting oval punchie in the opening using 3D foam tape. Therese