Thursday, January 31, 2019

January Cardmaking - die cut openings, thread and some sequins


For our second card I used a card off of Splitcoast Stampers which had openings on the left hand side which had been created using a large floral border die.  I do not own a border die which would be suitable so I decided to use individual dies to create a similar effect.  I used two dies from a Cuttlebug set of four hearts for this card.  I was careful not to have any extra marks on my cardstock as I die cut each individual opening.  Happy with how that worked out!!  I stamped my greeting next and then stamped a script background and a few flourishes to finish off the background.  I tied a green thread from one of the openings to the right hand side of the card and simply let the ends hang.  I used a piece of floral scrapbook paper to cover the back of the openings.  I mounted this large element to the front of a dark brown card.  To finish off the card I added three brown sequins using double sided tape.   For my second card, I used a large star die and them a long reach star punch to create the openings and backed them with gold foil from Ferraro Rocher chocolates.  I added gold embroidery thread and embossed the birthday greeting (SU) in gold.  
It was fun to use a card as inspiration and make it my own using the tools I have on hand.  This sketch is quite versatile as it can be changed up with colour, dies and greetings to accommodate a variety of occasions.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments