Thursday, January 31, 2019

Large anniversary card that features lots of glitter, beautiful ribbon and an oval laser printed greeting

An anniversary card for my sister and her husband.  I started with a large peach envelope and created a dark peach card to fit inside.  I had the dark peach glitter paper sitting on my desk from the last card I made so I decided to see if I could use it for this anniversary card.  I dug through my heart stash and I found the white glitter hear which I rescued off of a different card a while back. That would be perfect!!  I found some dark peach cardstock and traced the heart onto the back and cut it out on the outside of the line with my decorative scallop scissors.  I glued this heart accent to the peach glitter layer and thinking it needed a bit of a focal element I dug through my heart stash some more and found this white heart outline.  Perfect!!  I used a fine tip applicator with white glue in it to adhere it to my white glitter heart.  Continuing the theme I glued this layer to a white rectangle of cardstock and added a beautiful piece of salmon ribbon below it adhering the ends to the back with double sided tape.  I auditioned it on my card and decided to trim the white cardstock just below the ribbon which allowed just enough room for me to add the die cut accents which I had cut from the scraps using a TH label die to be adhered top and bottom.  Excellent!!  I adhered this large element to my peach card front before adding the laser printed oval punchie greeting (Birds cards).  I sponged the edges of the greeting, added a bit of glue below the ribbon to hold it in place before adding the greeting over it usind 3D foam tape.   I added some clear glitter dots with a gel pen to the accent pieces and I was done!!  Love it!!           Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments