Thursday, January 31, 2019

January Cardmaking - sanded background, thread and a 3D embellishment

Its is time to get back to making cards with friends!!

I started with this fun card that features a sanded background.  I embossed dark peach white core cardstock with the happy birthday embossing folder and then sanded it to reveal the core and give it a wonderful texture as well.  I corner rounded all four corners before wrapping a length of crochet thread around this layer several times and then tying and double knotting the ends over all the wraps to make a focal point.  I cut the ends short so they would be covered by my 3D embellishment.  I glued the wrapped background to a green card front before mounting my little gift embellishment with 3D foam tape.  The little gift was created using a rectangle of serendipity collage to which I tied a length of green crochet thread double knotting it at the top and adding a little bow.  I love how it turned out!!!!   I used aqua white core cardstock for my second card along with brown crochet thread and a serendipity heart in that coordinates.  I added three rhinestones to the heart for a little extra bling.  With no greeting this card can be used for Valentine's, an anniversary or a birthday card for someone you love.  
 A very versatile sketch which can be adapted for any occasion by varying the colour, embossing folder and the 3D embellishment.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments