Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A sympathy card featuring a stamped image, decorative paper and a punchie greeting

I had a request for sympathy cards so I made a few.  Here is my first one.  I started with gray cardstock and found this image in my stash which worked well.  I found this swirly paper in my decorative paper which also worked well so I got started.  I cut an opening with my Nestibilities in the decorative paper to accommodate the image.  Wanting the light to be the focus I watercoloured only the light rays that would be emitted by the light house and added a bit of clear glitter to the windows. I adhered the image to a black layer and cut the bottom of that piece using a wavy cutter.  Next, I punched an opening with the Modern Label punch (SU) below and to the right of the other opening.  I added a black ribbon from top to bottom where it intersected both openings and adhered the ends to the back of the decorative layer before gluing the paper to the front of my card.  I mounted the image and the laser printed greeting into the appropriate openings using 3D foam tape.   I like the soft look of this card.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments