Saturday, October 31, 2020

Christmas card kits - Card #1 - Embossed dove, decorative papers and a layered PEACE greeting

 I have been playing with making up some Christmas card kits. I will not be having a class at home due to the restrictions so I thought some card kits would be in order so those who are interested can start on their Christmas cards now and have them ready in time for the Christmas season.  

For Card #1 I am featuring an embossed dove (SX) on a square of white cardstock.  It is layered with a coordinating square of cardstock.  The scalloped oval punchie (SU) is cut from the inside of the square which guarantees that it is exactly the same colour.  To start I have chosen a blue cardstock for this card and a coordinating blue decorative paper which I have adhered to my card front. I adhered my dove to my layer and mounted this focal element to the top portion of my card using 3D foam tape.  I added a blue embossed strip of cardstock trimmed to the width of the paper  just below the image and then I added my layered greeting also using 3D foam tape.  The greeting is a font called NOEL which I designed with a dotted outline and then laser printed before punching out with the large oval punch (SU).  I have a large variety of colours and papers in this kit which is always fun to create!!

This is my second sample.  I usually make this one in class but in this case I just decided to make it up and include it in my post.  I love the wonderful handmade paper on this second card and it works so well with gold and silver!!

Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments