Saturday, October 31, 2020

Christmas card kits - Card #2 - a little tree die cut, a square of torn decorative paper and small greeting

For Card #2 I decided to use a square of decorative paper which I tore into two pieces and mounted to my green card front leaving an even border all the way around.  The paper has stripes so I could have torn it the other way and had a bit of a different look.  I mounted the little tree die cut - my own handmade paper - over the gap using 3D foam tape.  It could have been mounted on the right instead.  I added a small laser printed font greeting to the right which was printed on white cardstock and punched with the Word Window Punch (SU).  I simply glued it in place.  Two different papers in this set of cards.  






The other cards in this set feature this other striped paper and you can see that I tore the paper differently on this one which gives the card a different look.  I mounted the little ivory tree which I had previously embossed along with the little font greeting which I trimmed with my Scalloped Oval Punch (SU).  
I am always on the look out for ways of using my tools differently and I was wanting to give my little greetings a bit more interest and I had the punch upside down on my desk and it just occurred to me I could use the punch to give my greetings  a decorative edge.  You can see below that I use the punch upside down and simply insert the little greeting into the slot of the punch. It is easy to align because you can see exactly where it will come down.  I really like how they turned out.   It works best on slim greetings because if they are a bit larger you can detect the curve of the second scallops which I found a bit distracting.    Therese

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments