Monday, November 09, 2020

Birthday cards featuring floral stickers, ribbon and wax resist backgrounds


These were another set of cards I created as kits for my September class which was cancelled.  The flower stickers are very dimensional and have lots of texture!!  At the time I had also found a set of butterfly stickers which coordinated nicely so I decided to combine them to create the focal elements for the cards.  I adhered the stickers to ivory cardstock and trimmed them to size before adding some green stippling and distressing the edges.  Each kit had a length of ribbon which was used to add a length across the image which left a short piece to tie to it with a single knot to simulate a bow.  They all had wax resist backgrounds which I created a while back. I started with ivory cardstock, rubbed clear wax over them while on a texture plate and then added green watercolour.  Once they were dry I stamped the flourishes in green.  These background were adhered to my card fronts and the large floral elements were added with 3D foam tape.  The greetings were added to finish off my cards.  Some have small font greetings punched with the Word Window punch (SU).  Others have layered circle punchies which are stamped and then layered with coordinating cardstock and then bound with a brad with a sequin.    Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments