Monday, November 09, 2020

All occasion cards featuring fabric feathers, ribbon and embossed layers

























I had already started on making card kits for my last class which was scheduled for September.  Due to the guidelines being recommended about gatherings I decided to cancel my class and the other day I found the kits I had started.  I decided to put them together because I am not sure when my next class will take place. 
these featured handmade fabric feathers which were just the most fun to make!! You can check out my original post where I used denim and my next variation where I used a heavy weight floral fabric.   I started with card fronts that coordinated with my backgrounds and adhered them in place.  The left hand card has a collaged background where I used washi tape to adhere the pieces together on the front.  What a concept!!   I added my ribbons to my embossed layers and then added the feathers using a silver brad.  This layer was then added to the next strip of coordinating cardstock.  I flagged the ends of both of them on the left hand card and only the top one on the right hand card.  I mounted these large elements to my card front using 3D foam tape.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments