Saturday, September 28, 2024

Sewing - potholders backed with PEI dirt dyed fabric and a colourful scrappy bowtie quilt block on the front


 For my next set of potholders I chose to make the Bowtie block.  It consists of four large blocks (2 in one colour/pattern and 2 in a different one) and two small blocks in one or the other.  You sew the little blocks diagonally onto the corners of the contrasting colour blocks, trim off a 1/4" from the seam and press it over to complete the block.  To finish the block you sew all four to each other.  I really like this block and it is super easy to do.  I will have to research how many ways they can be laid out to make different designs.  Same as before - three layers of flannel for the batting, a little hanger on the corner, an oversized backing and the folded over binding to finish off the potholders.  I added some quilting lines all around the inside of the bowtie.  It is much more visible on the solid fabric.  You can see that I used the pattern for one of the bowties and the solid for the other.  A different look!!  Therese



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments