Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Art - Journal tip ins

Created this layout with the theme of vintage children for the journal group. It was totally fun to do!! I used my Sizzix Alphablock dies to cut out the header letters. Added a strip of white scalloped cardstock between the "bulletin board" and the header. I use my scallop scissors and then a push pin to poke holes in each scallop to create a lace effect. Try using thick fun foam or a foamy mouse pad under your cardstock to get even holes. I created the diamond pattern with cardstock strips over the scrapbook paper. I glued the edges and used thread and white pearl seed beads on the inner junctions so it would be like a real bulletin board and the images could be just tucked in. The images are laser printed to which I have added, in Dymo font, a characteristic of children - wise, loyal, curious, etc. This is for February and I am way ahead of the game!! So new for me!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments